Project goal – to encourage research and analysis of violations of the EU General Agreement that arise in member states when transferring the provisions of Directive 2018/957/EU into national law, namely:
- To analyze the functions of the European Labour Authority and assess its real potential for strengthening cooperation between national inspection institutions, particularly labor inspection;
- To assess the competence and knowledge of companies and their representatives, employees, and representatives of inspection institutions and improve them.
During the study, the following will be done:
- Analysis of various legal aspects, primarily those that determine the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the EU General Agreement provisions regarding posted workers in the manufacturing industry;
- Analysis of the practice of transferring the provisions of Directive 2018/957/EU into national law;
- Investigation of the level of informativeness of posted workers and their employers about their rights and obligations;
- Creation and implementation of training programs for social partners and labor inspectors.
Planned project (research) results:
- Assessment of the legal situation regarding posted workers in the national manufacturing industry;
- Creation of a map of the most common violations of the EU General Agreement regarding posted workers in the manufacturing industry;
- The role of national legal systems in achieving sustainable transfer and implementation of Directive 2018/957/EU in national practice;
- Increased knowledge of companies, employees, and labor inspectors about Directive 2018/957/EU and the functioning of the internal market information system;
- Creation of good practice guides for posted workers and their employers.
The project is carried out by: University of Parma (coordinator), University of Granada, National School of Political and Administrative Studies (Romania), Catholic University of Portugal, and Vilnius University.
Project leader: Prof. Daiva Petrylaitė.
Project participants (implementers): Assoc. Prof. Vida Petrylaitė, Assoc. Prof. Justinas Usonis, PhD student Gabrielė Taminskaitė.
Project partners in Lithuania:
State Labor Inspectorate under the Ministry of Social Security and Labor of the Republic of Lithuania
The Lithuanian Industry Trade Union Federation
Project implementation period: 2020-01-01 – 2021-12-31.